Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k SP1 and Acrobat Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMcAnly

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
When opening PDF's keep getting error "plug-in will not initialize". Tried re-installing Reader. Got same corrupt file error. Downloaded new copy from Adobe...same result: File corrupt. Tried several different builds of Reader...same result. Any suggestions?

Does is say what or where the plug-in is?
Have you tried full uninstalls, plus deleting or renaming the Adobe folder from within the Program Files folder?

It didn't give me any other details about the file.
I'll try to full uninstall. Thanks.

Try a different browser like firefox. Your IE installation is probably corrupted.

Try deleting your current user profile and creating another one. For example, if you log on as BMcAnly, log on as an administrator and rename the BMcAnly profile to BMcAnlyOld. Now log back on as BMcAnly and you will have a fresh new user profile.

If this works, you can copy your desktop, IE favorites and My Documents folders from your old profile to your new profile.

Sometimes user profiles get corrupted for whatever reason.

Regards,

do u have administrator privillage ?
if no , login with Administrator and open the PDF again ..

Mohamed Farid
[green]Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!![/green]

When you uninstalled it did you delete the folder it was installed in? Also might want to try a registry cleaner.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back