Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Server RRAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptoid

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
GB
I currently have a LAN with 25users connected to a win2k server. Is there a way i can setup RRAS on the win2k box so that the lan users can dial out from the lan to one of our customers sites?

many thanks

My application is as follows:

I need several users on my LAN to be able to dial-out to a customer to query a database. I have a win2k box which i've setup with a modem. How do i setup the LAN users to be able to dial out via the server? and is there any special setup's that need to be done on the server?

Regards

Well depending on the complexity needed.. You could just enable Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) on the machine that's hosting the modem.

But is that for just shareing the internet? It's not the internet i'm dialing, it's a host with a modem attached to it

Raptoid,
Make the dialup connection from the server to the other server then you could share that connection. Doesn't matter that it is not for the internet. It would be the easiest setup for you and if it works then great but if not you will have to setup RRAS with demand dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back