Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Server Install Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik5104

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Does anybody have the install key for Windows 2000 Server? I need it to re-load my server from a clean install and i have misplaced it. Thanks in advance :)

You need to be VERY careful in asking a question such as this. This can get you into LOADS of trouble. Basically someone would have to have EXTRA cash laying around to post a CD-Key here. It is a finable offense to pirate (and yes that what it would be called) someone elses CD-Key. The MS license agreement clearly states that basically a CD-Key/OEM # can ONLY be used by the purchaser on 1 system. As I am trying to emphasise. You MUST be carefull when asking a question such as this. Some people probebly will help you if you email them. Did you register the OS with MS? If so you can call them for a key.

As a side not. It is WIDLEY believed that MS has watch dogs going through auction houses and forums for piracy and violaters. Any one breaking the MS piracy laws can be fined and if they are certified they can permanantly loose their MCP/MCSE certification. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

TADA.... and.. I'm reaching out here but doesn't piracy and or hacking fall in within the guidelines of the new Anti Terrorist Act?... being that the US is poised to fry anyone with these new laws I would just purchase a new copy. Check out ebay.com for w2k server software.. fair prices or you might try the new linux suse 7.x software.. cheap too..

2 cents,

Rick Leske
IT/IS

I dont think the new Anti-Terrorist lwas appli in this type of piracy. There is no malicouse intent. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

defrauding a company of it's intellectual property isn't "malicouse Intent"? Duh.. wanna buy some property in florida?

Rick Leske
IT Manager

easy
call Microsoft and ask for it...
after paying a huge amount of money, you will certainly get the key... ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

SkyHawkTech,

True defrauding a company of intellectual property may be malicouse intent. I dont think it falls under the new Anti-Terrorist Laws. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Ok yu got me. my spilling aint so god. ok James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

noo pjoblemm, we new wat yu wear sajing.. lol ;-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back