Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K Server App running slow from Win2K Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetGoofy

MIS
Aug 27, 2001
US
I had a vendor install thier software onto a network that I put together AND IS running @ 100TX. According to the Vendor, this app should run just as fast as it does on the server itself. As far as I know, it is an active-x based program, it does not need to be installed onto the client computers, it just runs by creating a shortcut to the program on the server.

What I've done so far is this, I change the performance from background services to applications on the advance tab of the properties of my computer. This helped a little.

I also added all the computers to the group in which the users are part of, this helped a little, but it still appears to run a little slow.

According to this guy, they have existing customers that have win2k all around, and it works good.

But it is my opioion that this guy just does not like the way I have the network setup. I am really satified with the performance of the server and the workstations all around. It is my opioion that the network is running as good as I can get it.

So if his statment is true, it must me some type of setting on the server or client win2k pc that might help me, I don't know,

Can anyone help, or make suggestions.
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back