Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K server and Netware server

Status
Not open for further replies.

axslinger

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2000
US
What needs to be done to login to a win2k domain and a Netware server at the same time?
Brian

I am running netware 4.2 using the netware client32. and a 2000server. I created a logon.bat using notepad under scripts located in c:\winnt\sysvol\sysvol\domain\script\logon.bat.

the bat file maps the drives an example map line is
net use g:\server2000\sys

under active directory users and computer go to the user under userprofile, logon script and type logon.bat

on client 98/95
tcp properties choose static or dynamic, under client for ms windows add domain and under the identifiaction tab at workgroup add the domain name. if you can't login still after this on client uncheck any tcp binding under ipx/spx and try again. Hope i remebered everything and hope this helps.

logging in from 2000pro is more complicated try 95/98 machines first.

Hi, if you are using Win9x clients, add (rt click netwk neighborhood, properties) MS Network Client and MS Netware Client and configure each. They should be able to login to both. Hope that helps!

Have the login name and password exactly the same on both Novell and Windows 2000 Server.

On the Windows 2000 server, install the Netware client, and it will also install IPX/SPX. When you first log on it will ask for prefered server or tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back