Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Security Policy: Enable IE Web Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

nQziteev

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2001
US
I enabled a security policy on some Win2k PC's from a 2k Server. Everything is locked down pretty tight as far as the desktop, program menu, Internet Explorer, etc.

Currently, a user can not click on a link on a web page in IE6SP1; it says that the administrator/security policy doesnt allow it. Where can I re-enable this option? I have looked through all the options/descriptions and I can not find anything that enables/disables web links.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Peter

download from microsoft gpresult to the machine in trouble..run it ...and check how many policies are being applied and from where..
Specifically the from where part, will give you information of what is the policy affecting the links.
A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

I am only runing one policy from one server. I know what policy is creating the lock, I just dont know which OPTION under the policy actually enables/disables the 'follow link' ability in IE. If anyone has any idea what the option is called or what section it is located in, I would greatly appreciate it!

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back