Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k RRAS Dialin Client Can't See Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesselescape

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2002
US
Trying to setup RRAS for incoming client (Dialin TCP/IP). RRAS set up on standalone server in domain with single 2k server hosting dhcp and dns wins etc. Inhouse connections all machines ok. Dial in logs on with lease from DC/DHCP server using AD user name and pwd with admin level access. Client running 98. Connection shows in RAS as connected client. Client unable to find any machines in "network neighborhood\entire network". Error msg "Unable to access Entire Network". Client able to ping all machines on network, via IP address or FQDN. Tracert shows routing thru internal on RAS machine and onto network.

Could use some help in figuring out what I am missing.

Thanks for the input,
David

David,

I had a similar issue with an Intel Netstructure VPN the solution for this might be along the same lines that your client needs.

1. When the VPN client launches make sure that log on to domain via vpn tunnel is enabled.

2. Once you are connected you need to make yourself part of the domain. Under Network Identification chage the workgroup to a domain.

3. Make sure that WINS and DNS information is correct. Once you are logged onto the domain you should be able to browse the network through network neighborhood.

I hope this help!
Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of their post to let them and others know the information was of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back