Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K Prof setup for Linksys BEFVP41

Status
Not open for further replies.

glendady

MIS
May 30, 2002
US
I have a home LAN connected through a Linksys BEFVP41 router, and a Toshiba cable modem, and I would like to create VPN connections to my LAN mostly for access to my linux-based Unreal Tournament server. Do I need to setup a Win2K VPN server on my network, or does the router act in the same capacity? Also, when you attempt to connect to the VPN with Win2K Prof. a login screen comes up. I assume that it's asking to log into my domain controller (it does ask for the domain), but I have yet to get it to accept any username and password on my LAN. If I have to setup a VPN server, are there any issuse that I should be concerned with before installing VPN Server to my Win2K Domain Controller? As far as the linux server is concerned, I have SaMBa up and running, and I have the user accounts created to match the Win2K accounts, and all (both Win2k & linux) passwords are set not to expire. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Glen Dady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back