Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Dial-in with Ethercards

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint73

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2003
GB
Hi All,
I am currently running a win2k on desktops and laptops, when I use a dial up connection to access a BT Dial in pool I do not get and reply from devices on the dial in network. Therefore I am unable to connect to my VPN.
I have had BT check the configuration of the dial pool and the problem appears to be local. They seem to think that Win2k has issues with a dial-up connection being on the same device as an Ethernet card even though the E card even tohugh it is disabled.
My question is has anyone else had similar problems or have an idea on how to fix it,
Thanks
Saint

i am not aware of any issue with win2k and dail-up-network connection problems. matter of fact I do it all the time and have done it for years. even more so when I used 6 dail-up "test" accounts and two network connections with one of those "test" to a cable modem. so, i'd say there is no issue.

you have all your updates and SP's

"Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back