Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K boots up after shutdown automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badaap

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
NL
Dear All,

My Win2K Prof boots up every time I shut it down. Also after de-selecting the APM option in screenoptions.
I happened after upgrading my Dell XPS-R450 to version A13.

Now I have to push the power button for 5 seconds to get it to shut down.

PO

I have the EXACT same computer..
XPS-R450 Pentium II...

It's not the BIOS upgrade - ive been running that for months...its your videocard drivers.

I had the exact same problem, I ended up having to throw the thing away.

And you know what, I don't have that problem anymore....

whats the safes way to uninstall a second copy of windows 2000, when I fdisk and formated my drives, I guess the first copy of windows wasnt deleted, so I now have two of everything on my c:drive. The drives are NTFS, and I already install some other programs. I really do'nt want to reformat all over again, do you have any answers!

Same problem but can't afford to throw the system away. Would value a solution. Unticking "automatically reboot" in "Startup & Recovery" in "Advanced" in "System Properties" in "Properties" of "My Computer", did not make any difference. Any solutions?

I don't know if this can be aplied here, but when my win 2k pro started to act "weird", I run setup again and I selected to repair existing instalation; result: ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED
maybe I just got lucky, I dunno, but I have had same problems and this took care of it Sylvano
dsylvano@hotmail.com

"every and each day when I learn something new is a small victory..."

Check for wake on LAN in BIOS and disable it. There might even be a setting to allow a modem to restart the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back