Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K and Banner or Separator Pages 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWBarton

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
How do you prevent the Separator Page from printing?

Win2K Pro workstation printing to mostly HP printers in a hybrid Novell & WinNT40 environment.

I've tried NOT selecting a separator page. Selecting one of the default separator pages, creating my own separator page (but not knowing what codes would indicate not sending a page), searching the help files, the MS Knowledge base and this web site.

Surely we're not the only company that does not want to print a separator page!

Generally things like a separater page are controlled by the printer driver. Try checking under Start / Settings / Printers, right click the printer you're using and select properties. For my Xerox Document Centre 255 driver there's an advanced tab with separator page being a button which lets you select one. Unfortunately I haven't set actually got a printer installed on this computer so I don't know if the fact that there's no separator page selected means none is printed. But my other computer which has Win 98 has the same general setup with a driver for the Xerox Document Center 250 I'm using. Here on the general page there's a pulldown for separator page and 'none' is selected. I suspect you can find something similar for your printer.

Dave Dardinger

As you said " . . . there's an advanced tab with separator page being a button which lets you select one." I've been there, left it blank, selected a default, tried to create my own, (there was little documentation on creating one). Thanks for the thought.

I'm still looking.

Definition of a good technician. One who has something else to try if this doesn't fix it.

How about trying to find a different print driver which will let you select 'none' for seperator page and see what happens?

For that matter, how about seeing if there's a setting on the printer itself which can be set to supress seperator pages?

Dave Dardinger

We also are a Novell/NT 4 shop and use Netware NDPS to print from our Win 2000 machines. I have not had issues with Sep pages at all. I'm not sure why you would be having trouble and we wouldn't but if I were you, I would be sure that you have the latest drivers from

Dball63

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever found out the solution for this issue. I have been experiencing the same problem with Windows 2000 workstations. Our network here is NT and Novell 3.12. I have also tried the same things with no luck. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Under the Control Panel there is CSNW this is the control for Novell in there there is the option to print the baner make sure this option isn't selected.

-Sean

A bloomin' genius - Thanks Sean, now I can sleep at night knowing the "tree-huggers of the world" will not be plotting and boy-cotting our company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back