Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K & Textbridge Pro registry error

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepthought42

Programmer
Mar 24, 2002
GB
Hi All,

before I ask my question I should tell u that I am a complete novice were win2K is concerned so even the simpliest of solutions could work due to my lack of win2k knowledge (This problem I am working on, fast!).

That said my problem is this, I have just installed Textbridge Pro 9 on my win2k system.

The program works fine when I use my admin account but when I log on with my user account I get the following error message.

Registry Editor
cannot import f:/Program Files\Textbridge\Bin\ CLSIDDrophandler.reg.
Not all data was successfully written to the registry.
Some keys are open by the system or other processess.

I then click ok to close the dialog box.

Then I start the program and get the following error box

Failed to update system registry.
Please try using Regedit.

I click ok to close the dialog box and can then start using the program as normal, with no more error messages!!

Anyone got any ideas as to why I keep getting these error messages on my user a/c but not on my admin a/c.

And lastly how can I solve this problem.

Thanks for any ideas or help anyone can offer.

Deepthought42

The error messages are because the user account has not got update access to the part of the registry f:\Program Files\Textbridge\Bin\CLSIDDrophandler.reg is trying to update. You can change registry security settings using regedt32 (not regedit). Select the branch you want to chnage and click on security/permissions (if you can read CLSIDDrophandler.reg to find out where its updating).

Alternatively you can give your user account administrative privileges (you'll need to do this from Administrator - Users and passwords icon in control panel, advanced tab, users folder, right click on user name, select properties, member of tab, add Administrators to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back