Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k & Novell5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

greentech

Technical User
Mar 9, 2001
GB
Does anyone know how to get Windows 2000 to run on Novell Netware5 without having to have a profile for each and every user on the local machine (Win2k)?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sorry about my spelling mistakes.

Nicholas.

Currently running it myself. I use the Novell Client 4.7 (there is a newer client, but didn't work as well for me) for Win2K.

After running the client setup, it was pretty easy. Populates most of the network information for you. I'm not running any profiles or policies.

((printing was a different issue))

Good Luck ~

w2k works just fine with netware 5. Use 4.8 client.
Profiles really don't have anything to do w/ Novell though. Its a microsoft thing. I think that they are more trouble than they are worth but I don't know of any way to turn them off in win2k. There are some workarounds but nothing great.

"Profile" can mean manay things, heres another perspective..

If you are trying to avoid creating user profiles on each workstation then you could use workstation manager with zenworks and use dynamic local user option. this creates an account on the fly, you can go on to do a host of other things like mandatory profiles etc

Cut down version Zen starter pack is free to try, I beleive.

AK47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back