Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Advance Server and DELL PIII 450 MEGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLLady

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a Dell PIII XPS T450 Mhz which I installed Windows 2000 Advance Server. I am always getting 'BLUE' screens and must re-install Win2k Advance Server. I just installed SP2 and during the installation the service pack could not install 'atapi.sys', so I skipped this file. Now the PC will not boot up and the following error message is displayed on the screen: ' ISASS.EXE - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point EQUALDOMAIN SID could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.DLL'

Is there anyway of fixing or do I re-format and re-install again. Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated.

check your hard drive/memory for errors. A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Are the BSODs doing it for a STOP 0X7B error? If so, this is often an IDE driver error. Certain brands like compaq and Dell have something about their IDE controllers that cause odd errors. Make sure you're on the latest service pack when you reinstall the machine (SP3). At this point, I'd reinstall, it's all of an hour, unless you've got it loaded up with programs. You can also try going into recvoery console and locating the atapi.sys, expand it from the SP2 files and replace it. Do you create ERD disks? If so, try recovering from one of those.

I have no memory errors. I have ERD disks and tried to recover. I copied the ATAPI.sys file from my windows 2000 PRO box( which has SP2 installed) and copied it to the correct path on the Server. It did not work. so I will re-install.

thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back