Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2000pro will not install on lsi21320-is [boot partition cant open]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I posted a question on this problem of the lsi21320-is not installing win2000 pro.I have found a clue to as why it will not install.I have a lsi53c1010-33 controler iam useing now and it lets win2000 install.What i noticed different when trying to install win2000 with the lsi21320-is controler after it formats drive and copys files for set up it then reboots when it reboots i noticed first thing after lsi21320-is bios is complete it then said cant open boot partition to check for signatures.Iam sure this is why it dont complete the setup it just reboots and starts the setup from the begining.Any body know why the cant open boot partition to check for signatures appears on screen and stop setup from completeing.THank you ati9000xp@msn.com

I fixed the problem.The card ihave lsi21320-is is made by lsi but is a dell.I simply flashed the card with lsi firmware instead of dells crapy firmware bam card installs without the cant open boot partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back