Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000Pro reports "can't read from memory".

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisol

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
MY
Hope someone can help me.
Out of the blue my Toshiba laptop with Win2000Pro reported "can't read from memory" when I tried to run programs (MYOB Accounting, WordPerfect Office and a few more which I could run previously) while at the same time it could run a few programs(definitely smaller). I could start or shutdown my laptop without any problem. My RAM is definitely large enough. If "memory" is the real problem, what approach should I take to solve it?
Thank you

Did you just add memmory and now you are getting the problem? Maybe bad or not the specific kind that your laptop needs. Pull the memmory out and see if everything works fine.

System just started giving the error and you didn't add any new memmory? Make sure that you are not out of harddrive space. You need free space for virtual memmory. Microsoft recommends "2x the amount of ram you have + 11MB" of free harddrive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back