Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2000pro install[cant open boot partition to check signature]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gf4200

Technical User
Jul 18, 2004
US
I try to install win 2000 on computer it formats and copys files from cd boot.When it restarts to complete install i get cant open boot partition to check signature and it starts install all over.Scsi card is a lsi21320-is ultra 320.The hard drive is a seagate ulta 160.The controler is backward compatiable with ulta 160 drives.Drive is tested checks out good.I hit f6 to add controler drivers dureing setup thay go in good.formating of drive dureing setup of drive go,s good.I dont understand why it cant open boot partition after it formats drive.Scaned drive for virus no virus.I also did low level format on drive still get cant open boot partition.I paid some good change for this card can someone please give some ideals.Or point me to someone who migth help me with this.Thankyou.

try a bios reset/update.
what boot order is set in bios?

some bios have settings to lock the boot sector to prevent viruses from over writing. Not sure if that is the issue but you may want to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back