Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000 Stay Alives

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrober

MIS
Feb 9, 2002
GB
Our remote office uses a 3Com Office Connect Remote 511 ISDN Router to connect to our main office LAN. The main LAN runs NT4. The remote offices used Win98 pc's which dialled and connected only when network resources were required. However since replacing the old pc's with Dell Optiplex GX50's running Windows 2000, the ISDN appears to dial out on a regular basis every few minutes or so and then drops if there's no network activity. I guess the W2K pc's are sending some sort of Keep Alives which force the router to make the connection but I have no idea where to start looking for such a config setting nor how to change it back to it's original settings. Needless to say, the predessor who set it all up originally, left no notes, manuals etc etc.

I'd be very grateful for any help as our telephone bill is starting to mount up.

Pauly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back