Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000 Server on COMPAQ dl380 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsclan

Technical User
Jul 17, 2007
morning all,
just loaded this on to my G2. I can get all of the WIN updates fine. However i go to any web site to download files it does not allow me!!
this worked fine on another PC using the same WIN2000 Server disk, but not at all on this.
What happens is, I either chose to run now or save as and then nothing happens! I search for that file and its not on my drives!
Any ideas?

This would appear to be OS related rather than hardware related so you would probably be better off posting this in the W2K Server forum

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Check the firewall, antivirus, and web browser setting. Easiest thing to do with firewall and antivirus is to shut them off temporarily. Web browser; well that depends on what you're using.

have posted this elsewhere. however using IE and have no AV at all as of yet as I have just built the thing hence why its strange that I cannot download anything..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back