Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000 OLE32.DLL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdelhaq

Technical User
May 24, 2001
BE
Here is my machineconfig.:
I bought myself a new machine with a MSI K7TPro2(MS6330)mainboard, a TNT2 32MB graphic-card and a 800Mhz AMD Athlon CPU with 256MB Ram and 2 HDD both Seagate, 1x10GB and 1x40GB.

This my "weird" prob.:
I made the 2HDD both master and my cd-rom and -writer the slaves. I installed Win2000Adv.Server on the HDD that is plugged into the primary IDE-slot. The installation went well, untill it reboots itself so it can autoconfig. in the Win2000server userinterface. But just before the UI starts, I get a blue screen with the error message "OLE32.DLL is probable corrupted" and thats when I have to push the reset-button.

I tried looking for a sollution by downloading the DLL-file on the internet and installing it with the Recovery Console, but that don't work either.

So tried installing Win2000server on a different machine:
Pentium2 350Mhz, 128MB Ram, VoodooBanshee2 Card, I440BX AT-Mainboard with a 4 and 3 GB HDD's, and guess what, it works.

But i would really like for Win2000Adv.Server to work on the other machine.

Please help me out,

Thx,

My suggestion would be to remove the the CD writer and 1 HD and see if you can install. If you can, then you can play with the arrangement of the devices until you find a setup that works or the culprit.

Been there Done that, still nothing, I even toke out the graphic card, cd-writer 1 HDD and left only 256MB of ram inside, still nothing.

PLZ responde

And if I install win2000 on de pentium2 and then install the microsoft service pack together with all the drivers for the MSI mainboard and the drivers for the TNT2 graphic card, do u think this will work or not?

Did you already have partitions on there, or did you let win2k do the partitions for you? whichever way you did it, you may want to try the vice-versa. There may be some formating software that came with the drive...or you could always boot with a dos disk and good old fdisk/format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back