Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP Pro Freezes at start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzm1

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
US
Hope someone can help me. I have a system running Win Xp Pro. AMD XP 2200+, 512 PC2100 DDR RAM, Maxtor 60 GB HDD. ANyways, I noticed system was showing CPU speed as 1350 Mhz at start up. I ran MadOnion PC2002 Benchmark program and it too showed my system as 1350 CPU. I went into BIOS and changed CPU speed to 133 mhz from 66 mhz (?). Now system won't even boot up. This is what happens when you get somebody who apparently doesn't know what they are doing in front of the screen!! PLease help!!! Thanks, Benzm1

Find the jumper on the motherboard to reset the Bios to default. Directions are in the manual. That is slow, my AMD 2200 reads 1792 core. Is your CPU and Memory speed set properly in the Bios setup? 133 and 133. (The 66 is the bus speed of your video).

Follow micker's advice about resetting BIOS to default. Once the system is booting again, check the CPU clocking in BIOS. Your CPU clock should be 133MHz with a multiplier of 13.5. There should be some kind of AUTO setting for the CPU and memory timings. If in doubt, post your BIOS settings and choices.

You guys are very helpful! Thank you very much, both of you guys! Benzm1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back