Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP not booting ... in safe mode or normally

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickifoxx

Technical User
Mar 1, 2003
US
One day I went to my computer (which I leave running 24-7) and it was on this blue screen that said Windows XP in the middle right. So i decided to reboot. Rebooting goes fine, the black Windows XP screen comes up when its booting .. then immediately after that screen, this blue screen comes on again and it just hangs there. I let it go for a while just in case it would finally give me an error or something and never did. I tried booting into Safe Mode and the exact same thing happened in that also. It hung on the blue windows Xp screen. I tried booting with the last known good configuration and the same thing. Does anyone have any insight to what the problem could be and how it can be fixed?

Two things you could try.

An easy to follow recovery console description when unable to start computer due to corrupt registry.

Click on Tutorial then the Charlie White article on XP crash.
This is a laymans version of Q307545 in simple language.

Or a repair of XP.

Try repairing windows itself by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back