Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP home SP 2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach4u

Instructor
Oct 30, 2004
US
I upgraded my mother's computer to Win XP SP 2 and now I can't get email to work - Juno version 5. Does anyone know if it's compatible or what I could check? I also couldn't view her documents until I change the user's name back to "Owner". I can't find anything on the Juno support/help site.

I get the following messsage:

Juno is verifying your email folders...please wait. Nothing happens for a long time. It freezes.

H E L P!!!!!!!!

Have you used the Exceptions tab under the Firewall to permit Juno to access the internet?

yes, I even tried turning off the Firewall and the same thing happens. Any other suggestions?

Have you turned off the pop-up blocker? In Internet Explorer, Tools, Pop-up Blocker, and turn it off.

just tried it. that made no difference.

The usual suggestions are:

. Uninstall and reinstall the Juno 5 client. Be certain you first:

. Run the email backup tool in the Juno client
. Copy down your SMTP and POP server informatiion, as well as your account ID and password.

Use the Add/Remove program too to then uninstall Juno. Reinstall as a new application.

. Juno has a known issue with any corrupted email in its local mailstore. After the above you will start with a clean mailstore and if the application then works, be a little carefull about what you restore from the backup.

If still no joy:

. See if you can find a new, post-SP2 driver for your modem. You can use either Belarc or Everest free to identify the modem model and current driver:

Be sure that what SP2 has identified as your modem model is in fact what is inside your computer. Mis-identification of modems is fairly common as an SP2 issue.

Please advise if it is mis-identified by SP2.

Last, you can remove SP2 and retest to narrow down whether it is a true SP2 or other issue:

I should note that the pop-up blocker in the Google toolbar and several other third-party applications can cause this issue.

thank you for the help. Juno also sent me a reply and it looks like it's trying to do a restore but something got corrupted. I will use your suggestions.

Thanks again : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back