Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wIN XP/ Apache 2 problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arago

Technical User
Mar 4, 2003
FR
hello,
I'm trying to install Apache2Triad 1.5 for local testing; when my win xp system was brand new, a few months ago, I could set up virtualhosts like a breeze, everything worked fine . Now whichever config tried fails miserably to bring up my internal/demo site, and after a few trials the apache2triad cp itself can't be accessed anymore; the hosts file seems to be ignored, be it by xp or the browsers (ie 6,netscape 7.2), clearing the cache doesn't do any good, restarting the beast totally useless, reinstalling, cleaning old installs from the cp, cleaning the registry, same thing. I've had it all; access denied, 'impossible d'afficher la page', 'impossible de trouver ce site' ... Deep down somewhere, some leftover file or data (or what else ?) blocks everything. Would anyone have a clue where I should look, what I could try ? Thanks jml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back