Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP and Different Segments ..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklow

ISP
May 19, 2007
IL
here is the thing . . .
I'm searching for a solution that wouldn't require me to add a physical device.

so...i have a a vary small network which include three computer. two of them are statically configured with ip address in the same subnet 192.x.x.10/24, 192.x.x.11/24
they connect Wireless trough a LINKSYS Wireless Router
which connect to an ADSL modem-router for Internet use.

the Linksys router is connected to the ADSL-modem-router trough a simple 8 port Switch .

on that switch theres one port that connected to a PC using XP SP2. he also configured statically but with the IP of
10.X.X.3/24.
the above configuration is done due the fact that the PC is using EMULE and for that he needs the ADSL-Router to have PORTS forward to him . now for some reason , the ADSL-modem -router is burned with the address of 10.x.x.138 .
also the linksys LAN interface also burned with the 192.x.x.x IP address...

My goal is to have both winpc and the wireless computer the ability to talk to one another ..
I'm reminding .. they are on a different segments .

well i have tried to create a virtual NIC with the WINPC
with the ip of 192.x.x.x/24 and all the computer could talk , but for some reason port were not longer open for me (same ip).

How can i maintain the ability for the computer to talk and simultaneously have port forward for the winpc without adding a new Ethernet NIC ?

the above configuration is done due the fact that the PC is using EMULE and for that he needs the ADSL-Router to have PORTS forward to him"
he should be able to do that in the 192.x.x.x network as well, so just put the xp pc into the same network.

"the ADSL-modem -router is burned with the address of 10.x.x.138 " is that the external ip you get from ur isp?

"linksys LAN interface also burned with the 192.x.x.x IP address..."
you can for sure change that!

what linksys router are u talking about, what adsl router are u talking about?

well ... it appears that i can change linksyss' LAN ip address..the one that can't be change is the DHCP address ..

well now that i configure it to have 10.x.x.x/24 ip address type everything is working properly ..

10x for the pointing that out .. :->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back