Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win ME "System Restore"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfmcd

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
01/07/03

My problem started with an overloaded system drive, I was getting messages about insufficient disk space. Finally found out that the "_Restore" folder had accumulated 8,700 mbs of Temp files. I tried, at someone's suggestion, reducing the disk space alloted to "System Restore" using the slide in Control Panel\System\Performance\File System\Hard Disk. After I reduced the space allotted and rebooted, the System Restore closed out. Now in the File System box the slide is greyed out and when I go to the "Troubleshooting" tab the box for "Disable System Restore" is checked and if I uncheck it and "Apply" the next time I open that box the check is back.

I was able to delete 8,300 mbs of the Temp files in _Restore by revealing system folders etc. so I've got my drive back but I'd like to have use of the System Restore function. Can anyone help????

Thanks

Can you reenable system restore, then increase the disk space slider before rebooting?

01/07/03

No, when I uncheck the box for System Restore and go back to the Hard Disk tab the slider is still greyed out, then when I close and go back the box for System Restore is checked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back