Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIN ME Client and Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdavid

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
US
I have one client who has Millenium on their laptop and everytime the connect to the citrix server a few seconds after the login process, the (laptop) blue screens and reboots. No one else has this problem.

Tried different ICA clients and created different sessions.

If anyone has scene this before please let me know.

Thanks

David

Metaframe 1.8
Ibm iSeries Laptop

If the user is using a modem, try a different model modem just to pinpoint the problem. If it works with a different modem, then try updating the drivers for the older modem (or replace the modem if that's an option)

You could troubleshoot in the same way with the network card if they are using a LAN/WAN to connect. Although I have never seen the NIC to be a problem with the Citrix client.

Also, try disabling any Virus programs that are running during the connection. Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

Check the screen resolution. I found that not using a std setting, causes problems with the client.

My friend had a new Dell with ME. It had some funky screen res setting, changed it to 1280x1024 fixed the connection problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back