Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win Forms Autoscale Help to Maintain Look of Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auguy

Programmer
May 1, 2004
US
Windows Form App. I need some guidance on how to handle form layout when the user uses large fonts. I usually lay out my forms very carefully and really don't want the appearance to change. I know this goes against what some people will say is the user's choice, but it really screws up my forms. Some of my forms look OK, but others are really ugly with labels expanding to two lines, etc. I researched possible solutions, like changing the auto scale property and none of them seemed to work (Auto scale = None). I also read about using panels, table layout panels, or flow layout panels, but I'm not sure how to make any of these work and still keep the appearance of my forms. Can somebody explain how they deal with this?

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

One thing you can do for this is lay out the form with your font and/or screen resolution set to a large size, e.g., 800x600 resolution, larger fonts, etc. It is much easier to deal with changing from a low resolution to a high resolution than the other way around.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Thanks, that might work for new projects, but updating old ones to new versions of VS is a pain.

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back