Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 7 - Sonicwall Client - Received invalid ID information notify

Status
Not open for further replies.

plim81

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2015
US
I have a remote user that is using Win 7 x64bit, I installed the latest Sonicwall VPN Client version 4.9.0.1202. I have installed this for multiple users and everything works fine. They are able to connect to our network through the sonicwall. However I have one user who is getting this error message within the logs, 'Received invalid ID information notify'. We are just using a pre-shared key with no username. When I enable the sonicwall vpn client software it says connected and it hands out the correct ip address. However I still can't connect or ping our servers. any ideas?

Are the Remote and Destination subnets different? Have you tried using netextender? Works much better! But unfortunately the licenses aren't free :-(

It most likely has to be on the client end if other users can connect. heck the antivirus software to see if it has web filtering enabled. I have had Symantec Home ver cause issues in the past with untrusted certs, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back