Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 7 RC and Firefox - Bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanka25

Technical User
Jun 25, 2007
US
I got some weird behavior when I did a clean install of Windows 7 RC and the latest version of Firefox. I had no problem browsing the internet, but when I tried to download a file (I tried different sources/files) - it would blue screen. This would happen only in Firefox - downloads in Internet Explorer would not cause a blue screen. Installing all available Windows Updates and the latest driver from Nvidia fixed the problem.

I had been running Windows 7 Beta on this computer before this and have not had the error.

Computer Specs:
[ul square]
[li]Asus P5B Plus[/li]
[li]Intel Core2 E6420[/li]
[li]8 GB RAM[/li]
[li]Nvidia 8600 GT 256MB[/li]
[/ul]

Unfortunately I did not write it down and as I mentioned in my original post I have not experienced it since running Windows Update and installing the latest Nvidia drivers.

The purpose of the post was to see if someone else had experienced a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back