Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 7 games to Server 2008 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
I know, crazy request, but... Anyone out there experimented with getting the windows 7 games working on Windows Server 2008 R2?

We're going to be using them as terminal servers (sorry, remote desktop services) and some people just have to have solitaire to survive.

I've tried copying the exe's over, but it throws an error about a dll. Copied the dll to the system32 directory, but still nothing.. I'm thinking there's gotta be an easier way.

If it is not a .net game, use on it. It will tell you all the dlls the program needs.

If you then click on C:\ button, it will tell you where it is picking them up from.

doing a GOOGLE search brought this up:

Games Explorer and gameux.dll

===========================================================

DISCLAIMER!!!!

I have not checked the links nor the exe's that you can download from there, so downloading the mentioned files is at your own risk!!!

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back