Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 7/Acrobat 9.4.1 Printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqcrutch

MIS
Jan 17, 2011
US
Hi Everyone,

Have a problem with a customer's machine. He's running Win 7 x64 and is having problems printing out of Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.4.1. When you go to print, get an error msg saying no printer found, please install a printer. He's got a local laserjet and a couple network laserjets. What's weird is that if you are in any other application besides Acrobat reader, you can print fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Crutch

I installed cutepdf thinking the same thing. I uninstalled/reinstalled acrobat 9.4.1. However, The problem is that no printers are available, like they haven't even been installed. Printing works fine in all other applications, though. I'm going to install acrobat 9 pro and see if that fixes the problem.

I know it is not often much good hearing that it works OK for me but...

I use Win7 x64 with the latest Adobe Reader X and a Canon Pixma printer (x64 canon driver) which work together fine.

If you install AR X and it still doesn't work, it suggests a problem with the HP LaserJet drivers.

(BTW, not to be too pedantic, but to stop any confusion between Adobe Reader and the full Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe now officially call the products Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat. It helps those of us approaching senility!)

Regards: Terry

Fixed the problem. At first I thought I was going to have to rename his profile then have him log in to create a new one. Instead, I decided to blow away all of his printers, both local and network. Then I reinstalled them. Did the trick. Customer prints fine now...weird. Thanks for the input.

Crutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back