Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIN 2K3 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawke5781

Technical User
Jan 27, 2006
US
I have a Compaq 3000R with Dual 333's when I install win 2k3 server it does not see my second processor and see the other one as a 133 any Ideas, I have heard that it is a Win 2k3 issue and they don't want to take the time to fix it. Also if I upgrade to a different Processor I.E. PII 600's will this fix it

"For those that have had to fight for it, Freedom has a bitter taste the protected shall never savor" Unknown Author.....

Have you updated the bios to the latest release? A lot of the later OSses are not supported on older hardware so I would start there first. Also you may want to look for all avail drivers on the HP website for this particular model to see if it covers Win2K3 related support issues. Hope this helps

I am currently running the most recent update of the E39 Bios and there is driver support for win 2k3 on the Compaq 3000r but there is a problem with the dual 333mHz processors that win 2k3 doesn't recognize them properly. The only application I have seen or read about was win 2k3 on the dual 600mHz version of the Compaq 3000r

"For those that have had to fight for it, Freedom has a bitter taste the protected shall never savor" Unknown Author.....

we had problems running win2003 server on our 1850r's until we upgraded to pentium3@550mhz. after the cpu upgrade, the os install was 100% smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back