Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIN 2K Spk 4: UNINSTALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentNight

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
US
I got Srvc Pk 4; The first thing I didn't like was I could never get it to completely install upon Down load. (Neither the express version or network). It would go thru most and then when 'finishing install' the progress marker would go half way and stop. The system would hang. Did this several times, same result.
But nonetheless it DID install...
Then my Win 2K Pro CD only has to SPK 3. Now when I put in the CD I no longer have the option of doing an upgrade/repair (grayed out) and I can only Install a complete new Win2k version. I have removed the spk4 thru Control panel, but I still get the message 'can't update Win 2k spk4 to spk 3'. It seems to me I've lost alot of repair capabilities. Does any one have a good way of getting rid of spk 4 for good????

Thanks

Frank

You could create a SP4 install CD - (for example - there are lots of sites with instructions).

btw - it sounds like your installation is a little troubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back