Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win 2k modem driver for intel ham data and fax modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsev

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
DE
please help i need a win 2k driver for my intel ham data and fax modem

thanks dave you are a diamond

Please, I'm having difficulty finding anyone knowledgeable about this modem.

The Encore ENF656-PCI-INPR uses the Ambient (Intel) Chipset and is supposed to support caller id.

However, caller id does not work on this modem. It responds to at+vcid=1 (OK), at+vcid? (1), and at+vcid=? (0,1,2) when I interact with it from Hyperterm. So the firmware thinks it supports CID.

I'm using the latest driver from the Encore site, and have also tried the reference drivers (older) from the Intel site. But I've eliminated the driver (I think) by going straight to the modem via hyperterm (right?).

I'm on the US East coast (US Caller Id format), I have caller id and caller id plus service from Bellsouth, and have tested the cid signal on this phone jack by connecting a standard bellsouth caller id set to the telephone jack on the modem. When I receive a call, the caller id set, using the signal passing through the modem, shows the calling party name and number, but the modem just responds RING, RING.

In addition to hyperterm, I've tried FaxTalk (came with the modem) and Call Soft (my favorite caller id package). None of these produce caller id info.

I've called Encore tech support on several occasions. They are polite, and have tried to research the problem with their manufacturing people, but the answer is always "it should work."

The modem is supposedly v.90 and v.92 capable, but since I have cable modem service, I only need this for caller id (a very useful feature with CallSoft), and the occasional dial-up.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Scott

I recently got one of these Ambient's for CallerID and also can not get it to work. AT +VCID=1 should do it. It says OK but only RINGs are received.

Gary@webguild.com

After Downloading the correct program, I think it was ham412win2kxp.exe, it didn't do anything after I programmed it on my pc I didn't notice any change. I downloaded from a computer that has office 2000, and the computer that I tried to install the program on to doesn't have it. When opening the file, it asked me if I wanted to upzip the file to my documents/local. I said that it would create the file itself. Well after doing that, no change with my connection speed. Am I doing something wrong? Please Help ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back