Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2K Migration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstorm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
US
After upgrading/migrating an NT domain to become a mixed mode child domain of a native mode parent domain, I've found that I'm unable to migrate users from child to parent, with either movetree or admt.

Well, after some more testing today, I think I'm getting closer to the source of the problem. I logged onto one of the domain controllers in the parent domain, and tried to add an administrator account from the child domain, to the adminstrators group on the parent domain. I can find the name in the child domain, but when I hit apply I get the following message: "The specified user was not found. If the user exists on another domain controller in the enterprise, it may take 15 minutes or more for the user to be replicated to the global catalog"

And when I run movetree (to test moving a user over) I get this:
"WinERROR: 0x208d
Directory object not found.
MoveTree failed to check the source tree CN=pherr,OU=users,DC=washington,DC=photon,DC=com"

Something very weird is going on, because except for trying to add users or move users, the domains trust each other, can access each others shares, etc. Does anybody have an idea of what might be causing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back