Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2K and XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmorovich

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
I am going to install and implement two Win2k Advanced Servers for file sharing, print server, and App Server. I went to a Win 2k Server training seminar and to make a long story short, was told that XP Pro will not work well with the Win 2k servers and that I should upgrade all my Win 95/98/ME's to Win 2k Pro and that I should downgrade all of my XP Pro's to Win 2k Pro. Is there any truth to this??
I'm new to the Win 2k world and there was alot of talk about policys not being pushed through to the 95/98/ME/XP workstations.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance....

That is a load of ....
Windows XP Pro works like a charm with 2000 server, it was build for it.
I don't know who told you that, but I would like to hear the reasons for saying such a thing.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back