Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2K and photoshop 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmlane

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2001
US
I've installed PhotoShop 7 on a Win2k machine. When a user other than a local or domain administrator tries to use it, they get the error (this file faile to execute because it is locked. use the "properties" command in windows explorer to fix). I've set the permissions to the least restrictive. I've also modified the registry to allow users full access. What else can i do to fix this problem?

Try uninstalling the software. Giving a normal user admin rights. Reinstalling the software. Removing the admin rights from normal user. That user should now be able to use without any problems.

Any user should be able to use the software if you install it as a local administrator
Scarecrow

This isn't always true though. I work for a software House and they have found that some Microsoft Software that Was written for Win95/98 Had similar problems when installing on Win2K. We had to patch our own software to get round the Issue. Normally due to how Win2K protects the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back