Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2008 R2 Print Server & 64 Bit Client Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

a31modela

MIS
Jul 11, 2000
US
Hello All,
I have searched and not found anything regarding this issue. I have a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 64 bit server built with a print server role. My issue is any new 64 bit win 7 clients cannot add a new printer. The clients see the printer in the list, starts the printer installation, get to the point of downloading the driver & then fails ' Windows cannot connect to the printer. ' the error is 0x0000012 or 0x000003ee. Any way I try to add the new printer I get the same result. The only way I can get the printer added is to do a local printer with the full path \\servername\printer_name and then "have disk" and point to the driver folder on the print server to get the printer added.

Anyone have any thoughts on why the 64 bit clients will not add a new printer from a 64 bit print server ?

Thanks,
Steve

I think I remember this a while back. Not sure, but I think I remember it being something to do with the whole "run as admin" and the security settings thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back