Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2003 STD POP3 downloader 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveM

MIS
Oct 24, 2001
SG
Useing WIN2003 STD.
How do I download from POP accounts based on the WEB into a local Exchange Server and distribute the mail to the relavent user. The Users at the moment collect there email from a POP server hosted by the ISP. What I want to do is download a copy of this mail to the inhouse exchange server as a backup and also to free up space when the original mailbox gets full because the user is on a trip.

Thanks in anticipation.
Clive

Thanks for the info. I will follow up on this software.

I have just come accross another problem.
I am new to 2003 SBS having run NT4 and Win2000 servers in the past.
While looking at the two SBS servers I have installed one Std and one Premium, I notice that the Primium version has Exchange Server administration on the start menu but the Standard has no means of administering the Exchange Server.
When I installed the Std version I had no plan to use Exchange Server could I have not installed it. I cant remember what I did during the install.
If so how to install Exchange

I'm guessing that these two servers are either for testing or at different locations since SBS won't behave if it detects another SBS install around after what I believe is 10 days. If the machine you were posting for originally was SBS, then you could use the built in POP Connector as your solution and you are guaranteed synergy with SBS.

For your new question, did you not install Exchange on the standard install? You should have in your start menu an Exchange folder which should contain both System Manager and AD Users & Computers.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Both servers are in different locayions and are nothing to do with each other.
The Premium server was the second one I installed and I needed SQL (hence Primium) I must have installed that with all the bells. Since I have on my Start menu Microsoft Exchange and then a System Manager.
On the Standard install I must have tried to be simple and not installed Exchange since on the start menu I have no Microsoft Exchange item. In Admin tools I have POP3 Service.
I have found on the SBS Premium Disks (which are the ones infront of me) a directory on Disk2 called EVCHSRVR65 which must be the install/saetup for exchange.
Should I use this to install Exchange on the Std 2003 SBS ?

Thanks Clive

I am not positive but I believe what you want to do is pop in the first CD and choose to add features.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back