Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2003 sp1 - irritating (non-fatal) problems can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyH1

Programmer
Jan 11, 2004
GB
I installed Windows 2003 service pack one a few weeks ago on my laptop (I'm an intranet developer in case you wonder why I'm running it on a laptop so need win 2003 for testing locally). Iv'e encountered a couple of problems which although irritating are not really fatal, which our support team haven't been able to solve. having tried various solutions from the web I've had no luck solving them and wondered if anyone might havbe encountered them and come across solutions. Ones with Flash and the other is an Outlook problem.

Now often when I go to a website that has Flash on it I now get a blank area where the flash should be and get asked to install Flash. Even though I install flash each time, and it works for a while, a few days later I'll get the same problem again and have to reinstall the plugin. Hardly a major problem but very irritating. Any ideas what might be causing this and how I could fix it. SP1 added a firewall (which I have on), but the browser allows installation of the flash active x control (as I have admin rights) and runs ok most of the time, just seems to loose the flash plugin now and then.

Another problem I'm having is with my Outlook 2003 running on win 2003 server. When I do a send/recieve I get Error 0x8004010F - object could not be found. I can get my email fine and can send ok, its just this error pops up, so again just irritating. Looking on the web I found this was an address book problem with Exchange. However Iv'e tried all the local solutions and our support team rebuilt the address book. It only occurs on my machine though and not others running on win 2000 and XP so sounds like an OS problem.

I'm not sure they have anything to do with sp1, its just they starting occuring soon after.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back