Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2000 Server/Logon Scripts for Win 98 Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldain

MIS
Mar 16, 2002
US
Hello,

I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to Win 2000 Server. I have recently installed the server for a friend and am in need of assistance when it comes to logon scripts.

I have just installed Win 2000 Server fresh on a new machine. If you look in Add/Remove Programs nothing at all is checked. I installed Active Directory and created a handful of users within it. The problem I am having is I am unable have the logon script assigned to the user to run when I try to logon as the user from a client. I have tried to run the script by assigning the script to each user. No luck. I have also assigned the script to the domain controller by placing the BAT file in the NETLOGON directory and then specifying the path within the GPO for the domain within Active Directory. Still no luck. The script can be ran manually from the client by going out to the network path, but still it is no luck.

I spoke with a friend of mine, and he states that the Active Directory client extension pack needs to be installed on each win 98 workstation. I have done this and it doesn't make a difference. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? All the file is just a simple BAT file that is mapping a shared drive for each user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back