Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIn 2000 Production Images?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Dec 6, 2001
US
Hi all

Please I want to apply for a job that has this clause

"You must have Windows 2000 and XP deployment experience as well as, proficiency in building Windows 2000 production images and testing images for a variety of platforms and purposes"

Please What does production images mean?

In my mind they wont to know about your knowledges of such technologies as sysprep, RIS, Ghost et cetera.

yep, cookie cutter PCs.... who needs to know what went wrong, when you can re-image in 15 minutes?????

Windows 2000 can be installed in different ways, using different tools, just like Odissey said Remote Installation Services, Ghosting, etc. IF your installing a network of lets say more than 40 pcs each group of 5 reqeuiring diffretn settings, for sure it will take you a long time doing it. buT if you use like they said to you production images for each of those 5 groups, and then use those services or packages like RIS and/or ghost, well things will be a lot easier for you.Even more if you can use automated installations with answer files..
I think this should help you understand what they meant to you..
A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back