Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2000 and IE printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rturner003

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
GB
I have a mystery. My machine at work has Windows 200 Profesional and Internet Explorer 6. When it comes to printing from IE it ignores the margins I have set in the page setup. I have set the top margin at 10mm and the right at 13mm (both greater that the printers minimum) and cleared the header and footer lines. When you print or preview the margins come out and 30-40mm. This problem also exists on another Win 2000 machine with IE 5.5. The problems occurs on 2 printers, a deskjet and a laserjet. The seems ok from other applications

I do not have the problem on my home machine with XP Pro and IE6 nor on other machines in the company that have Win 95 and IE5.5

Anybody any ideas?

I have had a look at that and it is not the problem. I have also installed the latest manufacturers printer drivers, but I still have the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back