Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 2000 AD Replication Problem(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netteck

Vendor
Apr 15, 2006
US
I have a client with two geologically separted servers on the same network. Everything was syncing fine until a few months ago. Here's the scenario...

When trying to browse to the main server from the remote branch by server name the following error occurs:

\\servername is not accessable
Logon failure: the target account name is incorrect.

But when browsing to the same machine by IP address it works fine. I can ping the main server from the branch by computer name as well as IP address. WINS and DHCP is configured on both servers.

Two domain controllers - the main server syncs (pulls data) correctly from the remote branch server. The branch
server stopped replicating Oct. 31, 2005. When looking at the Active Directory Replication Monitor, and trying to replicate from the branch to the main server, an error of "There was an error during queuing the synchronization. The error code was: ERROR_REPLICA_SYNC_FAILED_LOGON
FAILURE: UNKNOWN USER NAME OR BAD PASSWORD."

Whenever I change the login account in the Active Directory Replication Monitor to the local administrator account, I receive the error, "The following error occurred. Application-defined or object-defined error."

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back