Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win 10 wifi status 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterpann

Programmer
Jun 19, 2007
GB
How can I get the status of a wifi connection in Win 10 ? In Win 7 I highlighted the wifi connection in the list of connections, and then clicked "status". Status showed signal strength, MAC address, connection speed and packets received and sent, all of which was useful.

See Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Change adapter settings, there you can right-click on the relevant Adapter to access the "Status".

Right Click the Wifi icon on the task bar, Choose Network and Sharing Center. Then choose Change Adapter Settings from the left side column.

Then right click the Wifi Adapter, and choose Status.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Thanks linney and vacunita, and I can pin Control Panel\Network and Internet\"Network and Sharing Center" to the Win 10 taskbar so that it is almost as convenient as in Win 7.

You're welcome.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

And here I thought the answer was to put your left finger to your nose, right finger in the middle of the right edge of the screen, swipe it counter-clockwise 270 degrees and tap 3 times until "charms" appear, then drag the crescent-moon charm...

Sorry, I was thinking of Windows 8.x I guess.

Egad, why can't Microsoft just get rid of the crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back