Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will this VB prog work in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilley

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2003
US
I am using "Visual Basic 4 Multimedia Adventure Set" book. Most of the code doesn't even work. For example, there is no "Caption" property on a command button. They changed it to "Text" property. Also, it claims it provides 16 bit code, which I wonder if that is part of the other reason. Basically, I can't get the Multimedia stuff to work on the CD. I notice the setup program uses old "Windows 3.1" Setup in the background. I don't even see a command for "mciExecute()" anywhere in the help. Oh, and this is for VB .Net product (which I didn't notice any forums for the .Net family). I would like to integrate a Web Browser with my application, because the features it provides. I guess another big question is does Windows XP provide true 16-bit support in applications that are backward-compatible.
I know this was a bunch, so thanks a bunch!

P.S. I have considered getting an updated book I heard great reviews from Amazon on called "Mastering Visual Basic .Net", which would help me alot more. Also, if there is a website out there indicating changes from VB 4 to .Net (possibly), please don't hesitate. Again, thanks for your time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back