Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will the use of Microsoft JVM affect Web I usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harinmenon

Technical User
Jun 20, 2007
GB
Hi Gauls,
We are planning to replace the existing sun JVM on our user machines with Microsoft JVM. Will this affect the use of reports or report panels in any ways?

Cheers,
Krish...

Gauls?!?!?!

Is that a reference to a supposed Celtic background, Northern European ancestry, or?

Anyway, It shouldn't impact you. There are known issues with certain versions of Crystal and each JVM, however they're minimal, and you didn't post your software version so of course nobody can answer your question intelligently.

In the future please understand that posts should include the software, version and edition involved.

Otherwise search here:

-k

Sorry Gauls, for my ignorance on the MS JVM issue..

(In addition to the general definition, Gauls could also mean a people belong to same Celt and here it is a BO Celt ;-))

I just found from my friend that the MS JVM is being desupported by this year end and every existing user is recommended to move to other available JVMs.

Found these links helpful too...

Also, BO doesn't have MS JVM in their list of supported JVMs. BTW, I am using BO XI R2 WebI, with SP1.

Thanks,
Krish...

Yeah, and MS will stop supporting it at the end of this year.

Not sure why you'd prefer the MS version anyway, not exactly their strongsuit, but it should work similarly for now.

Didn't realize that BO didn't have it on the list, but longterm you definitely don't want it anyway.

But if you must use it, it should work for now.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back