Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

will someone give me BCM50 training in W Sussex for cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattnj

Technical User
Sep 14, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a BCM50 here, an IP starter pack, need some help getting the basics up and running, nothing too fancy, just 2 lines on the BRI module and 6 IP extensions.
Having problems with expansion slot showing as empty and the ip phones are not connecting, i have set to "self register" as shown in the documentation.

any newbie guides to getting this runnig.

Matt

Everything you are trying to do require Keycodes. Do you have the Authorization Codes to be able to generate the Keycodes? Do you have access to Nortel's Website to be able to generate the Keycodes? If you don't then your local official Nortel Networks Reseller should be able to help you, or I can put you in touch with one of my company's salesman so that my company can help you out. The company I work for is a fully licensed Nortel Networks Partner. Not trying to solicit to you, its your choice.

Soloeagle.

Hi Matt

Have you the keycodes or auth numbers?
Who did you buy the system from?
Did you buy a bundle?

If you register at my website and send me the system ID with the auth numbers I will send you the keycodes generated.

You need to have the keycodes in the system before the IP phones and expansion cabinet can register with the BCM.

Marshall

Hi,

Have got a BCM50 bundle here, already in a bit of a mess as i ordered an IP bundle, and was sent the TDM bundle, then was sent the additional codes for IP bundle and IP handsets (so i have an TDM bundle that has been changed to an IP bundle by adding the IP codes)
Keycodes are in, and show in the Keycodes section as:-

ACTIVE - VMSeat - 9
ACTIVE - LANCTE Seat 1
ACTIVE - IP Client Seat 8
ACTIVE - EXP Port 1

all the others show IDLE

and then under resources i see the following:-

Internal - IP & Application Sets - Bus=1 - State = N/A Device= Sets Low = N/A High=N/a
Internal - IP Trunks - Bus=NA State=NA Devices=Lines Low=1 high=12
Internal - Trunks Bus=3 State=Enabling Devices=LInes Low=61 High=64
Internal - Sets Bus=4 State=Enabling Devices=Sets Low=N/A High=N/a
Expansion1 - Empty Bus=5 State = N/a

Thanks

Matthew

As a matter of interest, which distributor to you buy it from, C2000 perhaps?

Regards

John

If you're and end user I might be able to assist, I don't work with the Trade, too many fly by nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back