Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will RequestTimeout flow through to included files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowline

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
We have a client with a hosted ColdFusion site and they are receiving a number of Timeout errors on a certain process. This site is a product made by another company, but I have the ability to change the pages as long as I ask them first.

The error they are receiving is:
Request timed out
The time taken to process your request has exceeded the allowable limit of 60 seconds. Please notify the server administrator (using the mail link below) that this error has occurred.
Note: You can override the request time limit by adding a 'RequestTimeout' parameter to the URL used to request the page (e.g. page.cfm?RequestTimeout=500).

The biggest problem is that the site's host will not allow us to change the timeout through CF Administrator. They said that this site is on a shared box, and extending that time limit will raise the load on the server too much. So I am left with trying to override the issue manually.

The error is occuring during a check-out process. What I would like to do is have the form post to the same URL?RequestTimeout=XXXX. But the target page also includes a few other files, which include other files, and so on.

Does anyone know if this RequestTimeout param will flow down to the included files? Or is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back